Information we collect:
We collect information to provide better products and services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our products and services require you to sign up for an account. When you do, we will ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number. When you order our products and services, our third party payment partner will ask you for the same personal information and also for your credit card to pay for the products and services and to store with your account.
- Information we get from your use of our products and services. We collect information about the products and services that you use and how you use them. This information includes:
- Device information: We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account.
- Log information: When you use our products and services, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our service.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request.
- A unique session ID while you are using our services
- Location information: When you use our products and services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies: We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our products and services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect ProStar and our users.
When you contact ProStar, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our products and services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Accessing and updating your personal information:
We aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our products and services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our products and services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share:
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of ProStar unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent: We may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ProStar when we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ProStar if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ProStar, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We work hard to protect ProStar and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our products and services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to ProStar employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities:
Specific product practices:
The following notices explain specific privacy practices with respect to certain ProStar products and products and services that you may use:
Last modified: August 4, 2016